Wednesday, November 18, 2015



I have been doing genealogical research since 1974 and I did not have anyone to help me avoid the pitfalls. If I had had an adviser or mentor I would have saved both time and money.

For years I have had people ask me HOW DO I GET STARTED MAKING MY FAMILY TREE?   HOW/WHERE DO I START?  With that in the back of my mind, I decided to start this blog.  Hopefully it will help people get off on the right foot and avoid the pitfalls.

I will start this blog assuming my readers know nothing and work through the process step by step.  In this blog I will help the novice side-step the mistakes I made, get organized and start off on a firm footing. After covering the basics, I will discuss more advanced research tools and techniques. Finally, I will discuss getting your family history and tree “published” and distributed to interested parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment